Monday, July 30, 2012

Shared Messages from the Universe - Practice

It is my belief that messages from the universe speak to me and remind me of something that is inside of me. When I first see them, I often don't even know what is really being advertised. Instead, the message conjures emotions or thoughts relating to something that is going on within me; in my heart, in my mind, in my soul. I see them on billboards, in magazines, store windows, church plaques...everywhere.

I secretly call them soul whispers.

The messages are all around us

------------------------------------------------------------------


I know people that equate practice with work. 

Practice in my mind equals play.

P R A C T I C E  =  P L A Y

As a child, I remember taking piano lessons (by the way I took them throughout grade school). I also remember that I could not memorize music.  No matter how long I practiced it just wouldn't stick in my head. But, I didn't let that stop me.

I could get lost playing. 
I could express how I was feeling just by the song that I chose to play. 
I miss playing the piano.

Now, I am learning and practicing to use watercolors, inktense pencils, tombow markets, micron pens, peerless watercolors, and I believe that I have learned what I like and what I don't.

P R A C T I C E

What do you practice?

Are you learning something new? Or, trying to perfect a technique?

I want to encourage you to approach your next practice lesson as play. 

Pay attention and see if just by making that shift in your mind if practice can be more play instead of work. I bet you'll find more joy in the practice.

P R A C T I C E  =  P L A Y








.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...