Monday, December 31, 2012

Soul Whispers - Be Awesome


It is my belief that messages from the universe speak to me and remind me of something that is inside of me. When I first see them, I often don't even know what is really being advertised. Instead, the message conjure emotions or thoughts relating to something that is going on within me; in my heart, in my mind, in my soul. I see them on billboards, in magazines, store windows, church plaques...everywhere.

I secretly call them soul whispers.

The messages are all around us

------------------------------------------------------------------


Be awesome...

Recently, a friend was hesitant about entering her art into contest for publication. Fear had a voice and it was telling her 'what if it isn't good enough'. She doubted herself. She was honestly not going to try. This broke my heart.

Friends - I want each and every one of you to be awesome.
You are each talented.
Your talent should be shared, celebrated, and embraced.

Awesome: inspiring great admiration, extremely impressive, extremely good; excellent

I want you to be awesome.

I want you to turn toward the inner critic and stick your tongue out, say na na na na na (yes, just like when you were 5), step forward into the light, and do it.

Yes, do it. What ever it is that you have been afraid to do. Do it.

If you need to put your brave girl cape on and make it happen - then, by all means, put the cape on, and be awesome

Enter that contest! 
Go back to school.
Volunteer to teach painting to kids.
Call a friend that you haven't spoken to in years.
Give that presentation at work.
Quit your job.
Tell that man/woman that you love them.
Be awesome!

By the way, for me, it isn't always about winning it is about stepping forward. Sometimes you have to put yourself out there so you can be seen, so you can share who you are, - simply to be awesome.

When I was a kid I wanted to be WonderWoman. Yes, the Lindsay Wagner, spin to turn into, red boots, and bracelets WonderWoman. 

I am fully aware that she did wear a cape. 

As a kid, a towel was my cape. As I grew up, in high school my cape was a trench coat (give me a break, it was the mid-80's). 

Today, I wear boots in the winter and bracelets in the summer. 

I have my brave girl arsenal that I wear when my insecurities spike and speak too loudly. 

My favorite skirt, a ring that I made, a necklace that is my shield.  It is all about me being able to step forward. They help me to be awesome.

I want to encourage you to be awesome.

Think about it. What do you wear or do that helps you to step forward into the light?
What is your cape?

5 comments:

  1. Hi Lori!

    First of all--I loved Wonder Woman too as a little girl so much! It's funny you ask what we wear that helps us be awesome...I do have one necklace that says "Joy" that I put on with an intention when I wear it so it does have special meaning. But I think I do need something to put on that will remind me that I am brave and I am awesome. This is the best post--thanks so much for the encouragement.

    Jill

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. this is a great post Lori. a perfect way to start a new year! Thank you!

      Delete
  2. Great post! I want to print it up and hang it on the wall in my studio as a constant reminder throughout 2013. Thanks, always, for the vote of confidence and allowing all of us to know you better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post and I read it to Phantom and she laughed like mad because her tongue in cheek resolution was to be less awesome and let others have a chance to shine... oh to be 16 and bulletproof again... maybe there is a message in that though...
    hope your new year is awesome!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're the best super-amazing-Lori! Love this post! Wishing you an awesome 2013 xx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...