Thursday, April 17, 2014

Home. . .April Moon Day 3

I'm playing along with Kat over at I Saw You Dancing 
and her April Moon reflective writing challenge.
I can't promise I will write everyday 
but I do promise to post at the very least a photo, 
 art, or some thing each day during the next 2 weeks.

Today's one word prompt is HOME.


The word home transforms me back
to where I grew up
and a part of me becomes 8 again.

A small town in the Midwest.

A home of values,
community service, 
love,
hard work,
church on Sundays,
family card playing on Saturday night,
dinner at the kitchen table together,
bicycle riding around town,
the footbridge,
beautiful front yard gardens,
next to an old pick-up truck,
my Mom creating art,
my Dad's hands fixing everything,
my little brother tagging along,
laughter,
straight talk,
and a community that is a one big family.


Love begins at home, 
and it is not how much we do...
but how much love we put in that action.
- Mother Teresa

1 comment:

  1. This is a lovely post about HOME. Your photo really evokes the sentiments expressed here as well!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...