Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Reverb12 - Day 6 - 12

Reverb12 is in full swing over at I Saw You Dancing and I am loving it, though I am not sharing much. I have honestly just been taking it all in and thinking, meditating, and dreaming. In a way this is what it is all about.


My days are filled with day job craziness so when I can I take a few moments of silence - I savor them.

Flower in the rain #flower #fromwhereistand #nyc

Reverb12 - Each day there is a new question that is meant to allow us to reflect on 2012, soul search, and dream about 2013. The prompts are inspiring new ideas and dreaming – pure yumminess in my book.

Day 6: What did you learn? (new skills, etc)
Day 7: What will you take with you?
Day 8: What is your most important relationship?
Day 9: What is your favorite book?
Day 10: What was the greatest risk you took in 2012?
Day 11: What was music to your ears?
Day 12: What made you dance? What made you weep?

What did I learn? 
I learned that I really enjoy to create and not just with a camera but with paint, paper, ink, stamps, etc. Watercolors are one of my new favorite things. I am still learning how to play with them but I love to stamp with watercolors and doodle. 

What will I take with me?
I love this question. I have been planning the past couple of weeks since Art Every Day ended. I have fallen in love with the flower stamps that I created from the okra stamping that I did. I have some fun and creative ideas for 2013 using the flower pattern that I've created.

What is my most important relationship?
My first response is with Superman - I love him so. But, deeply, it is with my creative self. I can get caught up in my day job craziness, stressed out, and overwhelmed. My creative self can get pushed aside and that means that I fall out of balance. So, my creative self is vital to my happiness. I have to remember to let her play more often.

What is your favorite book?
This is a difficult one for me. I love books and often am reading multiple books at the same time. Right now I am thoroughly enjoying Daring Greatly by Brené Brown. 

What is the greatest risk I took in 2012?
I jumped outside my photography comfort zone and began to play with watercolors, ink, stamp making, and art journaling. I've found another creative outlet that allows my heart to sing and that I can do when my health doesn't allow for my city photo walks.

What was music to my ears?
The laughter of my dear friends' child. She makes my heart smile whenever I see her. I feel privileged to be a part of their lives. 

What made you dance? What made you weep?
Dance: I made a photo montage at my favorite place in my hometown (some day I'll finish editing all of them). I had such a great time taking a series of self portraits and random photos of the bridge where I used to spend many hours.
Weep: Ill family members. It is difficult to see a parent suffer as they age - breaks my heart. I cherish every moment that I can spend with them.

I am enjoying the reflection back on 2012. Searching within, documenting my answers, learning, and growing as I go along. 


1 comment:

  1. Lori, I'm sorry I've been away for so long. I'm finally catching up on my blog reading and I love your recent posts. I think your answers above about what you have learned and also that relationship with your creative self. So important. I've learned much the same about myself this past year and I'm glad to have a chance to reflect on that.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...