Sunday, April 29, 2012

Sunday Color Snippets - The Sketchbook Project

This is how I spent a couple of hours yesterday.
Holding art made by artist friends that I met online by visiting the storefront that Art House Co-op has in Brooklyn, NY home of The Sketchbook Project. By the way, the books from 2012 will be on tour check out where by clicking here to see if it will be in a city near you.

I am happy to announce that I was able to find all 4 books that I came to see.


They each have blogs so I highly recommend that you click on their names and visit their world for a bit, learn more about them and their art. They are all so talented.

This week I want talk about Pauline specifically 
- visit next Sunday to hear more about the other three ladies.


I met Pauline when we both participated in Beth Nichols', Do What You Love e-course - which I cannot recommend enough. It was a lovely experience. 

While Pauline was filling the pages of her sketchbook I shared with her that her book would be in Brooklyn and that it was easy for me to get there to see it in person. 
Well, I finally made it. 

Pauline and I have kept in touch 
but we've never met in person...yet.

We read each other's blogs, 
email, share life stories with one another 
and I've even purchased some of her art via her etsy store
You should check it out.

 I cannot tell you how much joy this brought me.  
She left me a note on the back inside cover. So adorable!

By the way, these ladies inspired me...I've signed up to participate in The Sketchbook Project 2013
What are waiting for? 
Why don't you join me?

3 comments:

  1. oh dear Lori!!! This SO warmed my heart!!! THANK YOU... i thought i'd check my email before i go for a nice walk, and i find a message from you. You are so kind to give me this much time & space on your blog. I'll be walking with a smile on my face. :-) So glad you found my sketchbook. Love ya! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love to see one woman I admire so much appreciating another woman that I admire so much! Yea to you and Pauline!!! I'll check out the Sketchbook Project...but no promises. :-) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am finally sitting and catching up on some posts... Lori I have missed how positive and upbeat you were... how great to be able to go and check out those books.... and I love Pauline's work as well... visiting her blog is always wonderful.... and Lynn is a joy as well... will have to become familiar with the others I think... great post Lori...xx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...