Wednesday, June 20, 2012

What's On Your Workdesk Wednesday (WOYWW) - Color Love

I'm linking up with Julia at Stamping Ground again this week for WOYWW.  My desk is still a mess and I have been creating while I sit on the bed - hopefully this weekend I can change that but until then this is it.

I've been playing along with Joanne Sharpe in her Color Love class and learning so much. I am learning to play with supplies that I've never used before - heck, I'll admit it I didn't know they existed. :)

She asked that we create a cover page in our journal using Prismacolor pencils, Inktense pencils and watercolors. I love the way the colors just pop due to the layering of the supplies that she had me use. I couldn't help but doodle a little on the page.



She next introduced me to watercolor crayons. Can I just say that I felt like a kid again! 

I love the idea of learning and creating a journal where the how to use a product is on the left and the creation is on the right. A great reference for later after the class is over and I need to refer back to something that was taught.


For the journal page, I created it using colored pencils and watercolor crayons I chose to use a color palette that I honestly don't gravitate towards. I'm more of a red/yellow matched with earth tones sort of girl but I made myself a promise that I use other colors during this class (it is called Color Love) so here are the pinks and purples.


Now I need to get caught up with this week's lessons. 

This is so much fun!

Make sure that you hop on over to Stamping Ground and hand pick a few other blogs to see what they have been working on this week. 

Thanks for visiting!

21 comments:

  1. Such beautiful bright colours!

    Happy WOYWW

    Zoe #57

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a very helpful class. Your colours and colouring are lovely.

    Happy WOYWW.

    Hugs, Sarn xxx #80

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lori, I found you via the Fearless Movement. So fun to connect with other artists. Love your cover page on this journal. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the bright colours - the cover is absolutely stunningly beautiful. Thanks for sharing. Hope you have a good week. Hazel WOYWW #87 x

    ReplyDelete
  5. love love the journal cover, i to am taking the class, and love her , she uses bright colors which i love, i took her lettering course and loved it

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful coloring, Lori! The color journal is a fantastic idea. Have a great week! Darnell #45

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just LOVE your color love cover!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great use of colour and looks like some lovely ideas.
    Sandra @32

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous doodles and book. Thanks for sharing.
    #101

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think you color choices are perfect and it is good to go back and check out the basics sometimes as we don't always absorb the information and move in the direction we think will suit us. Great work, I love it. Oh I also love the water color crayons and just can't part with mine, don't use them much anymore, something I should rectify.

    Happy crafting this week
    Eliza #164
    http://queenartoypia.blogspot.com.au/
    Please respond only to the queenartoypia blog.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yummy colours, sorry I'm a bit late, thanks for sharing x
    Sophie no.92

    ReplyDelete
  12. hello my friend!!!
    Lori, your journal page is awesome!! Those colors are just fabulous and your black & white doodling here and there really balances everything perfectly. That class must be amazing. Your artwork has really improved in the past few months. (i caught up on a few missed posts.. your photos are still as beautiful as always!) omg, your mother's flowers... those purple ones. Just amazing.
    btw, can you email me your adress (again!). The size of the box i'm sending is about 9 or 10 inches (square) X 2 or 3 inches thick.
    hope you've been well, girl. So nice to catch up here... xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lori - your journal page is amazing - I LOVE the colors together - so vibrant and cheerful.

    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  14. happy WOYWW! what beautifully bright colors you have on your gorgeous page. i recently got some inktense pencils and neocolor pastels but all i've done is open the box and stare at them!
    hugs, #15 peggy aplSEEDS

    ReplyDelete
  15. I need to learn this...so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I just picked up watercolor pencils because of you!!! Watching you figure it out is helping me!!! Not used them, as you know I am gouache girl. Love how portable the pencils are, makes art on the go a bit easier.Off to practice...

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love your journalling.The Colour Love course sounds terrific.have fun!
    Judy #78

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hey Lori, impressive learning already, am really impressed that youve determined to learn and step out of your colour zone....great job!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Absolutely wonderful pieces Lori! I'm glad you're having so much fun. Joanne is so brilliant. I've been resisting several of those new (to me) materials for a while. Not sure how much longer I can stand it... :-) xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. I'm taking this class too and absolutely love it. So far I watched all of the vids posted but only completed by cover sheet. I love that there are no time limits. Today I cut apart my Peerless watercolors and put them on a ring tonight hopefully I'll do the assignment. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is so inspiring! I love working with new supplies too.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...