Sunday, September 30, 2012

Creative Color Challenge - Dusky Sunsets

This month's Creative Color Challenge was inspired by the dusky sunsets of Spain

I've been playing the past couple of weeks. Photographing NYC. Making my own stamps, stamping with food, playing with my watercolors, filling in my sketchbook for the Sketchbook Project, holding it together at my crazy, stressful day job...not blogging to give myself a break before I start up with Blogtoberfest (yes, I'm participating again) - blogging everyday during October. So, stop back all next month. 

Meanwhile, I did my best to create with the dusky sunsets of Spain palette that Louise Gale challenged us with this month. I came close but my colors are still a little too bold. I find soft pastel anything uncomfortable to work with. Needless to say, I played with the colors as I saw them.

I saw a similar color palette at the Farmer's Market in Union Square.

That same day I bought okra and went home to stamp flowers. Okra, when cut makes a beautiful flower. I chose a couple of colors from the picture above and from Louise's challenge and stamped.

Stamping with okra #art

By the way, now comes the fun...using this pattern to carve my own set of flower stamps and create a line of not only stamped art but to also translate the pattern to silver for pendants and earrings.

By the way, this is how my brain thinks. Patterns for jewelry and large metal sculpture. I know that some day I will have more time to create everything that is in my heart, head, and sketchbook. Until then I will continue to create, plan, and dream. 


Thanks for traveling with me on my creative journey.

Hop over to Louise's website to visit other artists who created art using the colors from this month's Creative Color Challenge.

4 comments:

  1. Wow! A gorgeous photo at the farmer's market :) What a display :)And I would never have known about an Orkra creating such a pretty image..(I've never cooked or eaten one before either)Beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, I love your okra stamping!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE what you did for the challenge! that photo is just gorgeous and the okra is super fun. have never had okra before, might be worth trying just for the stamping fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW I LOVE this! What a fabulous photo at the farmers market and love your stamp, so cool using the okra, will have to try that one myself for sure! Thanks so much for taking part, your work as always is so inspiring. xxx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...