Monday, September 3, 2012

Shared Messages from the Universe...Closed for the Season


It is my belief that messages from the universe speak to me and remind me of something that is inside of me. When I first see them, I often don't even know what is really being advertised. Instead, the message conjures emotions or thoughts relating to something that is going on within me; in my heart, in my mind, in my soul. I see them on billboards, in magazines, store windows, church plaques...everywhere.

I secretly call them soul whispers.

The messages are all around us

------------------------------------------------------------------


Have you ever felt like hanging up the "Gone Fishing" sign? 

Well, in Central Park during the late Fall and early Spring you can see these signs everywhere. 

Closed for the Season - the city version of gone fishing.  

They fence off many of the grassy areas and mark them as closed. They want to preserve the grass, so I get it, but I'll be honest I find it funny to see these signs at every turn.

Lately, though, I have to admit, I've been feeling like I want to hang a sign up on certain parts of my life and mark them as Closed for the Season.

Do you ever feel this way?

Now, don't get alarmed, the creative, artsy, photographer part of me just wants to create - it is, honestly, the 'day job' stress, the always schlepping, city hustle, part of my life that I lately feel like walking away from.  Secretly (ok, not too secret if you know me), I want to wear cowboy boots, drive an old pick-up truck, attend auctions, collect stuff to upcycle, tend a garden, have horses...oh the list is long.

By the way, this happens often regarding the day job - it is too stressful but it pays the bills. The other stuff, city overload, can be taken care of by visiting my family back in Wisconsin.

I feel the need for a long weekend trip to visit the apple orchard, play cards, create art at my parents kitchen table, hang out with my family, giggle with my niece, say hello to everyone I walk past in my small town, visit my favorite foot bridge, hear the birds, see stars in the night sky...

I want to encourage you to do whatever it is that you need to do to recharge as Summer comes to an end. 

Take a break. 
Pause.
Step back.
Go slow.

And, I give you permission to hang up the sign:  

Closed for the Season






4 comments:

  1. Another great post from wise woman, Lori. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post Lori. And yes, I do find that sometimes I'd like to hang a sign that reads Closed for the Season. Or the year, for that matter. All very natural when we feel overloaded. I loved your description of wearing cowboy boots, driving an old truck, having horses and making art. All right up my alley. I actually wear my boots almost everyday in the cooler weather. In some strange way, wearing them makes me feel connected to my authentic self. Get the rest you need. Visit the family. Take care of you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Lori if you want a weekend away in the Berkshires, why don't you come visit an "old" friend!

    We have a vacation rental apartment in our home and you are welcome to come stay on the banks for the Housatonic River for a weekend getaway as long as the weekend you choose is not already taken...come in the fall, visit the apple orchard, hike, wine-tasting at a local orchard, relax with friends! Let me know! Alice <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic post, I feel like wanting to hung that sign up lately, my feelings are mostly related to my job, not because I don´t like it, just because I need more time for myself... but as you said the thing is that I don´t give myself permission to do it

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...