Thursday, November 8, 2012

Playing With Words

AEDM Day 8


I'm linking up with Art Every Day Month throughout the month of November.

Creating art each day: doodling, painting, journal making, stamping, photographing, etc.

I finally finished a playful project that I started last month.


I used a child's white crayon first to write words on paper.  I then painted the background with watercolors. The crayon resisted the water. I then used watercolor to add fun colored outlines to the words. I finalized it using a micron pen and adding black dots and outlines.

Words...crayon, watercolor, and micron pen #art #aedm2012

I like the way it turned out. It was fun to create - a very playful process.

5 comments:

  1. Playful is good and this looks like a lot of fun. What a great use of the crayon resist technique. Thanks for the visit Lori

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, this is FUN! I imagine it could inspire you for a long while.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this...so lighthearted! I love the colors you used and all the different typefaces. Very inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  4. that is fun and bright and full of energy and all those other good things...xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love how the black dots give it a stitched quality. Very nice!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...