Friday, June 1, 2012

In The Picture and a Little Bliss

I have been so busy with my flower challenge during May that I totally forgot to link up with In The Picture over at Urban Muser. So, better late than never. :)  

Also, since I'm still on vacation, I almost forgot it was Friday so I am also linking up with Liv Lane with a Little Bliss today.


The theme during May was Big World, Tiny You.

I recently visited my hometown and stayed with my parents to attend my niece's high school graduation. 

My favorite place where I would escape to was the footbridge.
 A walking bridge across a creek where I would write, cry, walk, giggle with friends, bounce (yes, if you jump the bridge bounces), and simply escape. When my Mom didn't know where I was - I was usually here.

As a kid this was my world, my BIG world. A small town of 5,000 people where everyone knew/knows everyone and this bridge was my escape. Funny to think about that since I now live in NYC where 5,000 people live on the 4 blocks that surround my apartment.

Amazing though, the one thing that hasn't changed is how I escape...now, I visit Central Park on a regular basis. 

I remember the first time my brother and I brought me niece here once she could walk. She must have 2 or 3 years old. We made the bridge bounce and she giggled. 


Hop over to Urban Muser's blog and see some absolutely amazing self portraits all based on Big World, Tiny You. 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am also linking up with Liv Lane and her weekly Little Bliss List. I have so much that brought hope and happiness this past week. 

1. My niece graduated from high school this past weekend. Her graduation ceremony was fun. The class video she co-created and produced was phenomenal. She looked absolutely beautiful. I am so very proud of her!

2. Superman is the greatest! He stayed behind due to work and was Captain Cat Wrangler while I was away.
3. I used my Mom's kitchen table to put the gesso layers on my Inspirational Decks that I am creating. OMG, what an amazing thing, a kitchen table. I was able to spread out both decks of cards and use my little roller to apply the gesso. In my tiny apartment this would have taken me 2 weeks simply due to the lack of space. Amazing!

4. I read a good book while flying, which I downloaded on a whim, The Violets of March, by Sarah Jio. I loved the characters and I also love that I was able to finish it in only a matter of hours.

5. My parents amaze me. It is funny that, no matter how old you get, when you return to your family home you fall back into patterns from when you were a kid. Thanks, Mom and Dad, for always encouraging me to be me. 


Don't forget to visit Liv's blog for some inspirational bliss and Urban Muser for some phenomenal photos.

9 comments:

  1. Sounds like you are having a great week! Good! I love the look of that bridge. I can understand why you would want to hang there! Flower challenge was very good...loved looking at all the pics. Sorry I wasnt better at partcipating. Still no flowers here...but the grass is green from all the rain:) Juliexo

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes, better late than never! i love that shot of you on the bridge--the fence lines give a cool perspective. thanks for playing along at {in the picture} this month!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi,
    Thanks for sharing pics of your bridge, it's inviting, indeed.
    Cheers from France

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks so green and lovely ... and your shots of the bridge are fantastic... great post...xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome post Lori! Although I'm sad that you didn't have time to meetup, I'm really happy that you had a wonderful visit with your family. That's the most important;D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ohh what a fun time you had! Much space to create art, I can imagine how happy you were. :) Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just love your images. The bridges are so cool. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Enjoyed your post. It sounds like you had a wonderful week. Coming to you through The Little Bliss List.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the idea of "little me, BIG world"...it really makes me think! Have another bliss-full week.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...