Monday, June 11, 2012

Shared Messages from the Universe

It is my belief that messages from the universe speak to me and remind me of something that is inside of me. When I first see them, I often don't even know what is really being advertised. Instead, the message conjures emotions or thoughts relating to something that is going on within me; in my heart, in my mind, in my soul. I see them on billboards, in magazines, store windows, church plaques...everywhere.

I secretly call them soul whispers.


The messages are all around us


------------------------------------------------------------------



Be...

Do you often find yourself with a long list of things to do?

Do you get overwhelmed with all of it?

Is your mind often thinking about the next 6 things that you need to accomplish?

What about what you are doing right now? Are truly savoring it?

Are enjoying the moment? Did you notice the flowers that you just walked past or the beautiful building that you just drove past? Or, are you just rushing to get to where you are going and focused on what comes next instead of the now?

I believe that too many of us rush through the moments of our lives trying to get to the next item on our list and we forget to enjoy where we are, we forget to enjoy the journey, we forget to be.

The photo above is one of those moments that I almost missed. I was doing laundry, in my world this means that I bag my dirty clothes and I carry them six city blocks to the laundry mat. Or, often Superman carries them and we pay by the pound for a service to launder them. But this time, it was my turn to actually do the laundry.

I walked past this photo opportunity five times before I captured it. Five times. I was so oblivious to the opportunity. I was so focused on getting to the laundry mat, running an errand while it washed, getting back, being bored, calling my brother, reading my magazine...that I missed the simple experience of the warmth of the newly laundered clothes. The smell - I love the smell of a dryer.

By the way, once I slowed down and by the time I was folding my last load I was finally in the moment. I was embracing where I was...I was in the state of being in the moment, in the now.

As I left the laundry mat, carrying my two bags of freshly folded clothes and blankets, this is when I noticed this message. I literally stopped, as you see my feet positioned in the photo above, to reposition the bags I was carrying and I laughed out loud. I snapped the photo with my phone.

The universe was reminding me to be. I walked home carrying the laundry with new eyes and a new heart. I noticed the sounds of the nearby restaurants, the colors of the fruit at the corner fruit stand, the traffic, the sky...I noticed the moment.

So, today, embrace where you are, the moment, the situation, stop living in the what if and savor the now. Be.

4 comments:

  1. Very cool! I also love the smell of laundry drying, which was part of my day yesterday.

    Hugs,
    Kay

    PS Like that nail polish ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of the things I love about being out and about with the girls is seeing the world through a child's eyes. They don't miss much! I love your BE. As much as being away from the computer has driven me crazy, it has allowed more time for e "being."

    ReplyDelete
  3. I Need to remember to pause in those moments. Love "be" great post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really needed to read this! I am stuck in a never-ending to-do list and I desperately want out. I will try to notice the now today. Have a great Sunday, Lori!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...