Sunday, January 8, 2012

Sunday Color Snippets - Shades of Black

Colors are all around us, but at this time of year typically the white, black and gray seem to creep in. Yesterday it was 60 degrees in NYC, the sky was blue, the sun was out, but I was still drawn to the black and gray.

The BF, aka Superman, and I took a walk across Central Park instead of what were going to do because of subway construction (17 of the 22 lines had schedule changes --- this means it would take 2-3 times as long to get whereever we were going and I honestly didn't have the patience). 

Well we had a great time on our walk and at lunch. I, of course, was distracted and clicking pictures. Superman really is patient and he never makes me hurry. Love him so much.

I noticed these iron railings on our way to the restaurant and insisted that we could walk back the same way.
As we approached the park, I consciously knew that iron work wouldn't be available once inside (at least not on the path we were walking) so I became distracted by the shadow that one of the railings placed on the wall. Well, I was stuck on shadows for the rest of the walk.

Thanks for sharing in out walk. Enjoy your Sunday.

Can you find color in your every day?

Don't forget to check back tomorrow for my Shared Messages from the Universe when I reveal my one little word for 2012 and you can visit the blog hop that I am participating in.

3 comments:

  1. Lori- I LUV wrought iron!! I wish I could decorate my whole house in it!! I have always wanted a room that was stone and wrought iron!! So this post sooooo appealed to me!! Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As usual - incredible photography. I see shadows everyday, but you make them seem more beautiful somehow. Great work Lori.
    Thanks for sharing the beauty.
    big hug, my friend
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think this is one of the most significant info for me. And i am glad reading your article. But want to remark on few general things, The web site style is great, the articles is really excellent : D. Good job, cheers
    Industrial Grade 6AJZ2 Check Valve, 2 In, Solder, Bronze

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...