Monday, November 12, 2012

Shared Messages from the Universe, Apples, and Art

AEDM Day 12


I'm linking up with Art Every Day Month throughout the month of November.

Creating art each day: doodling, painting, journal making, stamping, photographing, etc.

If you are a regular reader you may be familiar with my Monday shared messages from the universe...



It is my belief that messages from the universe speak to me and remind me of something that is inside of me. When I first see them, I often don't even know what is really being advertised. Instead, the message conjures emotions or thoughts relating to something that is going on within me; in my heart, in my mind, in my soul. I see them on billboards, in magazines, store windows, church plaques...everywhere.

I secretly call them soul whispers.

The messages are all around us

------------------------------------------------------------------


Keep on mind that sometimes you have to wade through bullshit to get to the answers...don't give up! #soulwhispers

As I waited on the platform one morning last week, I noticed this on one of advertisements...it made me smile, giggle, and shake my head. 

Then, as always, it made me think...sometimes you have to wade through the bullshit to get to the answers and I smiled again while I took this photo.

I thought about it for the next 15 minutes. 

I believe that there are moments when we each feel a little overwhelmed, beaten down, or like we are ready to give up. Any of us who are holding down a job that doesn't feed out soul feels this way. 

Hell, any of us can feel this way for any reason what so ever - you know that feeling that you sometimes get when you just want to crawl back into bed and pull the covers over your head. Or, if you are like me, it feeds my desire to be 4 again. Come on admit it, 4 was a great age;  you knew how to use the bathroom, you could feed yourself food that someone else cooked for you, no school, play was encouraged, and napping was expected - 4 was an awesome age!

I also believe that it takes great courage to embrace where you are, right now, even if you aren't doing what you really, really want to be doing, even if you don't have all the answers...even if you are waist deep in the bullshit.

So, today, I want to encourage you to embrace the bullshit while you are wading through it and searching for the answers. 

I know you can do it! I know that you have the strength to move forward...one step at a time.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

For Art Every Day Month, I made an apple tart (Lori's Lazy Apple Tart), yes I just made that up but it's true I don't use a recipe - I just wing it. 

I use a pie crust pre-made that you an buy at the store. 
Cut up 5-6 apples, sugar, cinnamon
(the amounts of these are really up to you but I probably use about a 1/4 cup of sugar and a tablespoon or cinnamon)
Unroll the pie crust on the pan.
Mix the apples, cinnamon, and sugar in a bowl.
Put the apple mixture on the crust and gently turn the edges up around the apples.
Add a little sugar around the edges of the crust that you just turned up (simply wet the crust and the sugar will stick)
Bake until brown, 20-25 minutes at 375.

I also stamped some more white flowers. This reminds me of a snowflake.



1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...