Monday, December 19, 2011

Shared Messages from the Universe...Breathe

breathe.                      (c) Lori L. Moon
It is my belief that messages from the universe speak to me and remind me of something that is inside of me. When I first see them, I often don't even know what is really being advertised. Instead, the message conjures emotions or thoughts relating to something that is going on within me; in my heart, in my mind, in my soul. 


During the weekend, while visiting the farmers' market, I became overwhelmed. The market was crowded, people were impatient and I became frustrated at the insensitivity - it is the week before Christmas after all. 


As I inched my way forward, this lovely sign was stuck on the front of a display case and as I smiled, I listened. 


I took a deep breath. I then left the market, bought a cup of tea and watched the chaos from a window 3 stories up in a nearby building.


I want to encourage you, especially during this time of year, to breathe


Take a moment, even if it is just a moment and slow down. 


I honestly love the farmers' market. The smell of the fresh baked bread, the nibbles that the booths give away, hot cider in the winter, iced tea in the summer, the freshness of the vegetables, the smell of the earth that still embraces the produce, not to mention just the idea of farm to table and the fact that I am directly supporting the life of another.  It really is beautiful.


This is the same reason that I love to support artists. All of the gifts for my immediate family this year were either made or purchased from another artist.  The idea that I am directly supporting someone else's passion -   speaks to me. But I got sidetracked...  


As your days become busier, you rush from place to place, you cook holiday dinners, visit family, wrap presents, travel, phone family, shop at the last minute, forget something, write cards,  . . . remember to breathe


Remember to breathe and pause if only for a moment. 


Grab a cup of tea,
          Giggle with a child,
     Play with a pet,
        Breathe,
               Talk a walk,
   Listen to your favorite song (sing along),
          Dance,
      Breathe,
Enjoy the smell of baked bread,
          Close your eyes and breathe,
      Notice the person you just walked past,
                Say happy holidays,
    Breathe,
Kiss a loved one,
          Simply, take a moment and breathe.


- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -       

Have you noticed any Shared Messages from the Universe?

Share your message by joining my flickr group by the same name: Shared Messages from the Universe and post or link your photos.  Share those written messages that you walk by most of the time.  Those messages that all of a sudden you notice, you read, you react and they move you forward.

I'd love to see the messages that have inspired you!

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful message. And one that is especially needed this time of year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've hit it on the head once again Lori. Last week was one of my busiest ever at work. But I knew it would be, I prepared the best I could, and just kept reminding myself to take long deep breaths. I also find I will get a migraine when a stressful situation ends, who needs that! All that deep breathing not only kept me calm last week it also kept me from getting a migraine on the weekend. It works!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good message, lovely picture. I love your universe messages, Lori!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a refreshing post. It is important to find the ''time to stop and stare'', as the great poem goes.
    My message would be to go where your heart takes you.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Lori thanks for the reminder, just breathe, we do it all the time but don't take the time to notice. I like your poem, enjoying the small but important things in life.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...