Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Random Thoughts

Blogtoberfest: Day 13

Sometimes, (all too often) I think I am Wonder Woman.

I should preface this with the following facts: I live in NYC, I do not own a car, I take public transit everywhere and this requires a whole lot of shlepping.

I often carry too many bags for too long of a haul. Thus, I think I am Wonder Woman.

Last night I went to the grocery store on my way home from work. My BF lovingly created the list of needed items and I thought I could do it. Lines were short at TJ's (by the way that never happens in Manhattan) so I was excited. Then I watched the cashier put the groceries in my Eco-bags I brought...and I watched...and I watched...and I got scared.

I reached for my cell to see the following text, "Let me know if Wonder Woman needs saving by Superman", I smiled the biggest smile. The cashier helped to load me up for my trek. Two buses later and blocks from my stop I texted him back and said YES! Thank goodness, I am so glad that I did not have to carry the 3 bags up 3 flights of stairs. Thank you, Superman!

Hmmm, being Wonder Woman would be pretty cool. I always did like her red boots, bracelets, and the lasso.

Have you had any Wonder Woman moments?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...