Friday, October 5, 2012

A Little Bliss

Blogtoberfest: Day 5

I am linking up with Liv Lane today and her Little Bliss List. I am really enjoying sharing what has brought me happiness and joy this past week with you. The real truth is that it makes me more aware throughout the week, more grateful, more positive, more present. I love it!

  1. To be home...by this I mean my childhood home. There something that slows me down when I escape NYC and visit my parents. Maybe it's the small town, the wide open spaces, because walking somewhere isn't about getting somewhere but just about walking, the way people say hello - there are so many blissful moments and I am continuing to enjoy them through the weekend.
  2. Creating a little art. I spent Sunday stamping with my newly carved leaf stamp (I'll share it will you next week), white ink on brown and black paper. Loved the process and they way they turned out.
  3. My niece, she is adorable, even at almost 19. Her energy, spark, the way she reminds me so much of me - I absolutely love her.
  4. It is the little things, that seem to also touch my heart. The help from strangers: helping me pick things up at the airport as I juggled too many things and dropped a few. The kindness of giving me a couple of napkins as I sat at the airport with my bags and ate a snack but didn't have one and the thought of taking everything with me to get one wasn't worth it - you saved my sleeve. The man in the airplane who help to put my bag up into storage on the airplane and got it down for me before I even got out of my seat and attempted it - you have no idea how thankful I am for the lack of Fibromyalgia pain, had you not been my superhero I would be achy. 
I hope your week is filled with blissful moments.

Hop over to Liv's blog to share in some other blissful moments from the past week.


3 comments:

  1. It IS the little things that bring the greatest joy. Just getting up in the morning!!! :D :D Loved your list.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tis wonderful to know that kindness exists within the world.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...