Wednesday, October 17, 2012

WOYWW - Leaves

Blogtoberfest: Day 17
(blogging every day during the month of October)


I'm linking up with Julia at Stamping-Ground today for What's on Your Workdesk Wednesday (WOYWW).

Well, my desk kind of looks the same, but I live in 320 square feet, and I haven't found a home for everything I bought with I visited my parents. So, to use my desk I just move piles off and put them back. I'm sure that my desk will look like this for a few weeks.


At the top of the picture above is a collage that I made for a page in the Sketchbook Project journal that  I am doing. Simply made out of origami paper.

Over the weekend I created art from leaves. 

Sketching...

and stamping by painting the back of the leaf with watercolors and pressing it to paper. 

Here I stamped and sketched...



Stamping with leaves #art
Autumn Leaf Stamping           http://lorimoonstudio.blogspot.com  (c) 2012 Lori Moon
And, here is a glimpse at one of the pieces that I worked on for Louise Gale's Creative Color Challenge for October. You'll have to stop back on the 28th or 29th of this month to see more of this. 


Hop over to Stamping Ground and check out a few other desks.

As always, thanks for stopping by, leave a little love in the comments section.

15 comments:

  1. love what you've done using the lovely Autumn leaves. Jill #51

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Lori, I've never seen a leaf used with watercolor to create a stamp. I love the soft image that it creates. Wonder if it would work with watered down acrylics? I don't always leave a comment here, but what your are up to creatively always inspires me. And I love that living in a tiny NY apartment doesn't stop you from finding the space to let your imagination soar.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, your ginkgo leaf sketches are amazing. Love the stamping, too. What a soft, pretty effect.

    Happy Woyww!

    Sandy #23

    ReplyDelete
  4. I need some gingko leaves!! Love what you have done! Your creative desk inspires.
    xoxoxox
    D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thats so cool reminds me of something I used to do in school. I have to collect a few it can be a fun project to do with my son who loves collecting leaves!-Tamika currently #124 subject to change to #123 when double entries are fixed?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the leaf art. Autumn is my favourite. happy woyww jenx 139

    ReplyDelete
  7. You sketch is beautiful! I love the placement of the leaves...you should play with that a little more..love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the leaf art!! Oh, and I was in Denver a few weeks ago and saw something that made me think of you. It was some letters on a power junction box that kind of spelled out a word --- but now I can't remember what it was...... I REALLY wished I had my camera with me.

    Happy WOYWW
    Hugs, Kay #18

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooh, so many great projects on the go! Love that origami cityscape!! 320 square feet? Really? Lady, I'm impressed!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The origami city is fabulous and I love the leaves, sketches and stamped.
    Have a great week.
    Von #43

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the way your leaf stamping turned out. Beautiful cityscape too. Nan 117

    ReplyDelete
  12. The leaf stamping is really, really cool! I should give it a try before snow falls while there are still lots of leaves around. Thanks for showing us your work. ~ Laura #153

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love your stamped leaves, I've never seen that done before and those sketched Ginko leaves are stunning.
    Happy WOYWW
    Hugs Lisax #84

    ReplyDelete
  14. Don't the leaves stamp up beautifully, what a fab idea...I love the real and your sketch together, they are great partners in your pages. I love the collage, great way to use the papers, so cheerful.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...