Sunday, October 28, 2012

October Color Challenge

Blogtoberfest Day 28...I fell off the wagon for a few days.

I'm linking up with Louise Gale's monthly Color Challenge.
This month color challenge was woodgrain. I love browns so I enjoyed this and found that I wanted to use brown often.

If you've been following along this month you may have noticed that I'm a little obsessed with leaves lately. I am having so much fun drawing, doodling, painting, stamping, etc.

I was inspired to use a large oak leaf and my watercolors to stamp.

I painted the back of each leaf with  watercolors and pressed the leaf to the paper. Depending on the look you want you may want to dry each one as you go.


I then created an abstract painting using the same technique. 


I love how the abstract turned out. The lines, the pattern - it reminds me of aspen trees in the snow.

During a walk in Central park yesterday I collected very small leaves and will be creating more leaf art today. Be sure and visit and see what else I create.

Visit Louise's website to see all the wonderful art that was created with this color combination.




2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...