Monday, October 1, 2012

Blogtoberfest & Shared Message from the Universe


Last year, you may remember that I participated in Blogtoberfest, blogging every day during October. I remember that I hadn't been blogging for very long, I didn't think I would be able to to do it, it pushed me outside of my comfort zone, and I made many new friends during that month. So, here I am again, with many of the same thoughts. :)

It isn't too late to play along, pop over to I Saw You Dancing and learn more about Blogtoberfest.

For those of you who are new to my blog, each Monday I share a message from the universe.


It is my belief that messages from the universe speak to me and remind me of something that is inside of me. When I first see them, I often don't even know what is really being advertised. Instead, the message conjures emotions or thoughts relating to something that is going on within me; in my heart, in my mind, in my soul. I see them on billboards, in magazines, store windows, church plaques...everywhere.

I secretly call them soul whispers.

The messages are all around us

------------------------------------------------------------------

Most of all try again, repeatedly! #soulwhispers #hipstamatic

This past Sunday in the NYTimes magazine they featured stories, quotes, and snippets about inspiration. This single sentence on the cover page to the inspiration section spoke to me.

Most of all, try again, repeatedly.

So many things in life are instantaneous. You can call a friend, video chat with them, buy what ever you want online, have food delivered, etc. Living in NYC makes instantaneous easier.

I've learned, over the past year, that making a creative life is not instantaneous. That, most of all, I have to try again, repeatedly

Carrying a full time job means that, for me, it will take longer.  I don't have the hours each day to create, take orders, ship packages, write my e-course, plan, plot, do my own accounting, etc.

I often have to prioritize based on time and energy. 

I am okay with this, I have to be, it is where I am right now in my journey

I will get there, but I cannot get there all at once,

and...

most of all, I have to try again, repeatedly.

This message reminds me that it is okay, and part of the process, to try. If it doesn't work the first time, try again, tweak it a little...and try again, repeatedly.

So, you will see not only photographs, which I love to take, but my newest obsession, stamp making, carving and stamping, watercolors, art journaling, book making, etc. 

I've found that to balance my crazy day job, I need to play by being creative, in any way that makes my heart sing.

So, while you are reaching for your dreams, remember that they won't appear instantaneously. Be prepared to most of all, try again, repeatedly

Have you seen any messages this past week?


5 comments:

  1. Hi Lori,

    Oh, I just love this post. Love the idea of soul whispers. Like you, I have a full time job and find it sometimes difficult to juggle all that I want/need to do. It's the time of year that I love sitting in my backyard listening - to the birds saying thank you for the food and water; to the leaves as they fall.

    I'm trying to silence my mind and open my heart.

    Hugs,
    Kay

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this message Lori! thank you so much for sharing it with us. very wise words to live by when we're all balancing so many demands and things we love. looking forward to 'seeing' more of you this month! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love messages from the Universe! And this one that you share is really special.
    Thank you for sharing the Blogtoberfest12 love.
    Kat xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Try again, repeatedly...Good message!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Scissor lift Hire,Scissor lift Rental,Scissor lift On Rent,Scissor lift Dealers,Scissor lift Supplier,Scissor lift Service,Scissor lift Maintanance,Scissor lift Manufacturer,Scissor lift Rental India,Scissor Lift,Hydraulic Scissor lift Dealer,Hydraulic Scissor lift On Hire,Hydraulic Scissor lift Rental,Hydraulic Scissor lift Service,Hydraulic Scissor lift Supplier,Hydraulic Scissor lift Sales,Genie Hydraulic Scissor lift,Electric Scissor Lift,Electric Scissor Lift Dealers,Electric scissor lift for sale,Electric scissor lift On Hire,Electric scissor lift Rental,Genie Lifts For Sale,Genie Scissor Lift Dealer,Genie Scissor lift On hire,Slab Scissor Lift,Slab Scissor Lift Rental,Slab Scissor Lift For Sales,Slab Scissor Lift Dealers,Slab Scissor Lift On Hire,Slab Scissor Lift Service,Battery Scissor Lift,Battery Scissor Lift On hire,Battery Scissor Lift For Sales,Battery Scissor Lift Dealers,Battery Scissor Lift Rental,Battery Scissor Lift Service,Genie Battery Scissor Lift,Diesel Scissor Lift Hire,Diesel Scissor Lift,Diesel Scissor Lift Rental,Genie Scissor Lift,Diesel Scissor Lift Sales

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...