Friday, October 19, 2012

Friday and a Little Bliss

Blogtoberfest: Day 18

Just a little bliss this week to share:

By the way, I'm off on a trip this weekend to volunteer with a nonprofit (a day job client) to help renovate someone's house. I am going back to Mississippi to cotton fields and one of the most impoverished areas of the country.

You may remember my post from last year (I Made This With A Whole Lotta Help). I hope to blog from my phone while I am away but just in case you stop by and there isn't an update it is because I probably didn't have service (we are staying in dorms this year and not a hotel) and not for a lack of trying.



This week has been filled with little moments:

Dinner with friends and dancing with their daughter in the middle of the restaurant. Oh the things that I will do with a child that I wouldn't do alone. The giggles, the laughter, the joy of this family just makes me happy to be a part of their lives.

Moments of joy during my daily lunch walks. I love Autumn.

The friendly people where I buy soup once in a while. They are so happy (at least that is what they express) and for that I am grateful. It is always more pleasant to shop where the employees are happy.

Creating art. This week as you've seen from my previous posts I'm fascinated with leaves so I have been painting, stamping, and drawing them. I predict that this won't stop for a few more weeks so I apologize in advance if you are tired of seeing them.

I hope you have a bliss filled week.



2 comments:

  1. I love all of your happy moments!! Hope the volunteering is rewarding and brings its own special bliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing your blissful moments - it's made me feel peaceful too x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...