Monday, October 22, 2012

Shared Messages from the Universe

It is my belief that messages from the universe speak to me and remind me of something that is inside of me. When I first see them, I often don't even know what is really being advertised. Instead, the message conjures emotions or thoughts relating to something that is going on within me; in my heart, in my mind, in my soul. I see them on billboards, in magazines, store windows, church plaques...everywhere.

I secretly call them soul whispers.

The messages are all around us

------------------------------------------------------------------

I am on a trip with some day job colleagues. We are volunteering. Working together in a new way with hammers, nails, saws, wood, paint, and a whole lotta love. We are renovating a house that in most communities would be deemed unlivable.

Last year we roofed, insulated, and sided the house. This year we are focusing on the inside. We have insulated the interior walls, replaced the ceiling, added paneling, and laid a new floor.

This message from the universe speaks to me and of the work I and my friends are doing. We each bring different skills and, most important, we each bring the desire to work hard, long, and together. It is beautiful what can and will be accomplished.

I believe that everyone should give back in whatever way you can. The work us hard, ling days, but the smile in the face of the family touches my heart.

My Dad taught me how to build, use power tools, roof, and do construction. Thanks, Dad, for teaching me in the same way you taught my brother. The skills you taught me have come in handy and made the difference in a way that I cannot explain.

This lovely family has never seen kindness, they have had a difficult life, and they are so grateful. Their house is almost a home. Happily another group will arrive in a few weeks to renovate their bathroom and kitchen and complete all the work. This makes my heart sing and brings a smile to my face.

I encourage you do something today, however small, to help someone else.


1 comment:

  1. It's a wonderful, wonderful thing that you're doing Lori, sharing your gifts and generous spirit with others. xx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...