Wednesday, May 22, 2013

May Flower Challenge - Day 22 - Tie Dye Painted Flowers

I'm fascinated with flowers. 
They are all over my tiny apartment. I photograph them all the time.
I draw, paint, doodle them, create them out of paper...I also see them all over NYC. 
Each day during May I will post flowers and I hope that you will join in.
The only rule is that your blog post or flickr photo that you link much contain flowers.
Click above on the May Flower Challenge Page to learn more.

I've been playing around in 21 Secrets,
learning new techniques,
new products,
and simply having fun.

I've adapted one technique
and painted some tie dye flowers.

Outlining the flower in water.


Then touching the water outline
with the paint.


Tucker sat in the window
and watched as I painted.


A few minutes later he decided that he 
was supposed to be the center of attention.


He had a little purple and orange 
paint on him when he got up.
Giggle.
Thanks for visiting!




8 comments:

  1. Lovely tie-die flowers
    Famfa 101

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love how you take it in stride! Too funny Tucker!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. lovely flowers were you not a bit miffed that your cat decided to lay across your lovely page?
    Sending hugs and hoping you have a great day
    Ria #74

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the cat splayed across your work! Hilarious.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What lovely blossoms. And what a clever Tucker - who doesn't want to be adorned with flowers? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great effect, love the colour mix. Now you have a tie dye cat as well.
    Have a great week.
    Von #66

    ReplyDelete
  7. rofl thanks for making me laugh, did you take a photo of the flowered cat?
    Bridget #11

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a neat technique, LOVE IT!!! And a flowery cat? Now that sounds like happiness and giggles indeed! Happy ~ belated ~ woyww and a hug from Holland. Marit #109

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...