Monday, May 6, 2013

May Flower Challenge - Day 7


I'm fascinated with flowers. 
They are all over my tiny apartment. I photograph them all the time.
I draw, paint, doodle them, create them out of paper...I also see them all over NYC. 
Each day during May I will post flowers and I hope that you will join in.
The only rule is that your blog post or flickr photo that you link much contain flowers.
Click above on the May Flower Challenge Page to learn more.

I've been visiting my parents the past few days.
Oh, the space to play.
My NYC apartment is small
so to have a kitchen table to make art on is heaven.

Untitled

I've been making some books out of 
upcycled gift bags,
lace, pieces of material,
old paper, and other found objects.

Untitled

Untitled

I even used my Mom's sewing machine
to sew a flower.
(That is a pretty amazing feat
since I think I lasted 2 weeks
in home economics -
I switched to woodworking and had more fun.)

Untitled

I will finish the books by doodling,
adding quotes,
stamping,
adding secret messages,
little envelopes,
and anything else I can think of as I go along.

What do you use to make art?

Feel free to join in at any time.
Play for a day or the rest of the month.


2 comments:

  1. What fun! I didn't even think about artwork with flowers in it! OK I'm posting that on Wednesday. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how perfect Lori! I love your little garden of books. They look wonderful and I'm imagining all the fun you're having creating them. And it's nice to have room to spread out a bit isn't it?

    I love making books and you've inspired me. Another May Challenge delight.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...