Saturday, May 12, 2012

Day 12 May Flower Challenge - Inspired by Others

Welcome to day 12 of the May Flower Challenge.

I'm fascinated with flowers. They are all over my tiny apartment. I photograph them all the time. I draw, paint, doodle them, create them out of paper... I also see them all over the NYC. Each day I will post flowers and I hope that you will join in. The only rules are that your blog post or flickr photo that you link must contain flowers. Click above on the May Flower Challenge Page to learn more. 

A few weeks ago I visited Brooklyn and the 2012 Sketchbook Project Tour.  I specifically went because friend, Pauline Leger participated and left me a note in her sketchbook. I wanted to see it personally and hold her book in my hands. You can read more about her book here in a post that I did at the end of April.  

When I wrote that post I stated that the following week I would post about the other 3 books that I checked out. Well, I'll be honest, I got wrapped in my flower challenge and forgot. 

So, I'm sharing the love today - and happily a few of the photos below have flowers in them so this still qualifies as a post with flowers in it - yahoo!


Besides Pauline, I also knew of 3 other friends who had created and submitted their sketchbooks so I  checked their books out too while I was there. In the photo above from left to right: Julie HamiltonPauline LegerLynn Richards, and Deborah Velásquez


Here is a little sample from each of their books.  Click on their names above their pictures or on the photo to be taken to their blogs to see what they have been up to since they created these lovely sketchbooks.




Check out those flowers, those colors and the love that all 3 of these ladies put into their sketchbooks. 

I was so inspired that I plan to participate in the 2013 Sketchbook Project.  It isn't too late to sign up. 


I think my book will be all about flowers. :)  

I might even have to modge podge one of my paper Flower Power Kindness flowers to a page. 

I better get started. What are you waiting for? Sign up!

Participate by linking your blog post to my blog post. Each day during May, starting on May 1st, on my blog post I will have a linkytool available so that you can link your specific blog post (not just your blog but the post itself) to my blog post. And, please remember to link back.

Participate by linking to the flickr group - May Flower Challenge- and adding a photo of your flower creation. Make sure you add your photo to the linky below each day that you post.


5 comments:

  1. love those peeks into those sketchbooks, and can hardly wait to see yours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the shout out, Miss Lori! I can't wait until it gets to L.A. and we can go see all the books.
    xo
    lynn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lori, how are you able to find the books you are looking for? How are they organized...finding the ones you want seems like a daunting task! BTW, I just signed up for 2013. Thanks for the push!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Each sketchbook has a barcode on it (which is there when you receive your book). When you visit, you can either look someone up by name or you can just randomly pick a category. [FYI: looking Deborah up was difficult because the a in her last name is actually á and I had no idea how to type that on a mac. I asked for help.]

      Delete
  4. Hi Lori,

    I am so interested in joining for next year. Thanks for highlighting this group. The books are such fun. It's nice that they have different categories. What do you think of the digitizing aspect of it? Keep up the excellent, good work. You rock!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...