Saturday, May 19, 2012

Day 19 May Flower Challenge - Letter Love

 Welcome to day 19 of the May Flower Challenge.

I'm fascinated with flowers. They are all over my tiny apartment. I photograph them all the time. I draw, paint, doodle them, create them out of paper... I also see them all over the NYC. Each day I will post flowers and I hope that you will join in. The only rule is that your blog post or flickr photo that you link must contain flowers. Click above on the May Flower Challenge Page to learn more. 
I like to doodle. 

I like good coffee, 
sand between my toes, 
the smell of the earth after it rains, 
hearing a child giggle,
the sound of a cat purring...

Sorry, I got distracted.

I like to doodle.


I have recently fallen in love with pens and markers, again. 

So much so, that during the past few weeks I participated in Joanne Sharpe's Artful Alphabets e-course. Joanne's classes are affordable. 
Her videos are informative and I had a lot of fun. 

I learned 25 different alpha lettering techniques. If you are lettering on your paintings and want to learn how to make it fancier I would recommend Joanne's class.


I love these pink Hydrangea. I can't get over how pink they were.

By the way, I think I want to do the whole alphabet in the daisy lettering that I did above. 

Today Superman and I are venturing to my favorite annual street fair in NYC - Ye Olde Village Fair put on by the Bedford Barrow Commerce Block Association.

 Juried artists, live music, and beer. 
So, if you are in the city go to the West Village and enjoy the day.

We plan to meet up with friends so come join the fun!

Hmmm, I wonder what kind of flowers I will see. 

Participate by linking your blog post to my blog post. Each day during May, starting on May 1st, on my blog post I will have a linkytool available so that you can link your specific blog post (not just your blog but the post itself) to my blog post. And, please remember to link back.

Participate by linking to the flickr group - May Flower Challenge- and adding a photo of your flower creation. Make sure you add your photo to the linky below each day that you post.



5 comments:

  1. love your alpa and flowers I also took Joannes class and loved it, and am taking her latest one, you are right they are affordable and she puts alot of effort into those classes, I love her teaching style

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your lettering. I'm leaving in a little over a week to go to Create Mixed Media in Irvine, CA where I will be taking a workshop with Joanne Sharpe. Which markers do you use that have coloring in them?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice lettering. I see that on a fun, little card celebrating someone just because. The courses look like a lot of fun. Your creative juices are flowing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh yes, love that lettering!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lori, I came across this video, and thought you might like it. Margo talks about the creation of her font and design. Like you, she's pretty inspirational. Keep up the good work.

    http://vimeo.com/31886348

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...