Monday, May 21, 2012

Day 21 May Flower Challenge & Shared Messages from the Universe

 Welcome to day 21 of the May Flower Challenge.

I'm fascinated with flowers. They are all over my tiny apartment. I photograph them all the time. I draw, paint, doodle them, create them out of paper... I also see them all over the NYC. Each day I will post flowers and I hope that you will join in. The only rules are that your blog post or flickr photo that you link must contain flowers. Click above on the May Flower Challenge Page to learn more.  

On Mondays, I usually do a post called Shared Message from the Universe.

It is my belief that messages from the universe speak to me and remind me of something that is inside of me. When I first see them, I often don't even know what is really being advertised. Instead, the message conjures emotions or thoughts relating to something that is going on within me; in my heart, in my mind, in my soul. I see them on billboards, in magazines, store windows, church plaques...everywhere.

I secretly call them soul whispers.

The messages are all around us

------------------------------------------------------------------


Last week I shared the photo of the truck with a flower on the back of it. If you missed it click here. This week. as I was looking back through my photos from the past month, I came across the above photo.  This was taken the same day as last week's Shared Message from the Universe photo.

What are you crazy for?

I remember taking the picture and thinking...chocolate, coffee, sand between my toes, the sun on my face, animals, creating art, Superman, my family, my friends who are my family, cowboy boots, being in the moment, taking pictures, watching people, discovering something new, flowers, hot tea, a good book...

What are you crazy for?

The photo below is of my favorite flower beds. This townhouse is on 79th Street in Manhattan and every year it has the most beautiful flower beds.  Whomever lives here must be crazy about flowers, too.


Last weekend as Superman and I walked home from Central Park we walked past this building (below). We've walked past it numerous times before during the past 5 years but I've never looked up before.

Check out those flowers!

This building is between 10-12 stories high (I'm going by memory). Whomever designed this building must have loved flowers - at least I'd like to think so.


So, what are you crazy for?

And, what are you doing about it? 

I say...embrace it! 

Participate by linking your blog post to my blog post. Each day during May, starting on May 1st, on my blog post I will have a linkytool available so that you can link your specific blog post (not just your blog but the post itself) to my blog post. And, please remember to link back.

Participate by linking to the flickr group - May Flower Challenge- and adding a photo of your flower creation. Make sure you add your photo to the linky below each day that you post.




3 comments:

  1. wow the details on that building are amazing! And I love the planters at 79th street. The colors are wonderful and I like the ivy:) It was a gorgeous Sat/Sun in NY this weekend!! have a great week Lori!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Fran for stopping by and for your kind comments. It really was beautiful here. By the way, I'm loving all the faces you are creating this month for 29 faces. Lovely work! If you are ever in the city on a weekend let me know - we should meet for coffee/tea. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely thought!

    Okay, those flower beds are amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...