Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Day 9 May Flower Challenge & WOYWW

Welcome to day 9 of the May Flower Challenge.

I'm fascinated with flowers. They are all over my tiny apartment. I photograph them all the time. I draw, paint, doodle them, create them out of paper... I also see them all over the NYC. Each day I will post flowers and I hope that you will join in. The only rules are that your blog post or flickr photo that you link must contain flowers. Click above on the May Flower Challenge Page to learn more. 


Today I'm not only hosting the May Flower Challenge but I am also linking up with WOYWW. You might be wondering what that stands for... What's On Your Workdesk Wednesday. It is a weekly hop that Julia at Stamping Ground hosts. She has a large following but don't let that intimidate you - it just means that you'll get new visitors to your blog because someone is bound to hop by. So, if you are so inspired, feel free to share a picture of your desk (mine is buried so I will share what I have worked on) and link up to WOYWW today too.

Pen practice. I wanted to recreate the flower shape that I use in my twisted wire flower pendants (keep checking in as I will be sharing some later this month) in different sizes. So, I simply took my markers and tried to replicate the shape. I find that repetition helps me.


On Saturday when I painted the leaves for my Flower Power Kindness adventure, I also painted the flower below with my water colors. On Sunday, I then added the black pen.


I have also started a doodle flower. I will post this once it is finished.


Where have you been noticing flowers? Have you been creating them?

Participate by linking your blog post to my blog post. Each day during May, starting on May 1st, on my blog post I will have a linkytool available so that you can link your specific blog post (not just your blog but the post itself) to my blog post. And, please remember to link back.

Participate by linking to the flickr group - May Flower Challenge- and adding a photo of your flower creation. Make sure you add your photo to the linky below each day that you post.

Don't forget to hop over to Stamping-Ground and visit a few desks this week for WOYWW.


12 comments:

  1. These are nice....I have a lot of flower gardens in my yard....103

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the flowers, fab colours and great sketching :)

    Have a fab WOYWW and a lovely week, Hugs, Karen xx #49

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love flowers, too! Artee #133

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely flowers - thanks for sharing - (Hazel, WOYWW #95) x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the large flower in the yummy pink colour. Happy WOYWW to you Helen 50

    ReplyDelete
  6. loving your flowers
    have a fab crafty woyww
    kay #28

    ReplyDelete
  7. So many great projects on the go! Happy Wednesday! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your flower doodles! Your projects seem like great fun. Love hanging out with you and your challenge.
    oxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely flowers! You're right repetition is the way to perfection! Take care and enjoy WOYWW snooping! Zo xx 73

    ReplyDelete
  10. Really cute flowers, love to see the doodle one finished.
    Have a great week.
    Von #18

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely flowers - love your sketch.

    #97

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful flowers. The doodle one is coming on fine - it's great fun to do isn't it. As for repetition, yesterday my hubby found my old exercise books from when I first started school, and there was lots of repetition in there as I learnt how to write!! Your flowers reminded me of it!

    Happy belated WOYWW,
    Shoshi #85

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...