Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Day 16 May Flower Challenge & WOYWW

 Welcome to day 16 of the May Flower Challenge.

I'm fascinated with flowers. They are all over my tiny apartment. I photograph them all the time. I draw, paint, doodle them, create them out of paper... I also see them all over the NYC. Each day I will post flowers and I hope that you will join in. The only rules are that your blog post or flickr photo that you link must contain flowers. Click above on the May Flower Challenge Page to learn more.  

Today I'm not only hosting the May Flower Challenge but I am also linking up with WOYWW. You might be wondering what that stands for... What's On Your Workdesk Wednesday. It is a weekly hop that Julia at Stamping Ground hosts. She has a large following but don't let that intimidate you - it just means that you'll get new visitors to your blog because someone is bound to hop by. 

Today I am brave enough to share my desk, after I moved the pile of mail that was covering most of it). Ahhh, the joys of small NYC apartment (multi-use surfaces).  Going clockwise: watercolors, beads, pens/markers, my magnifier glasses so I can see, exacto knife and paint cards, rubber for making stamps, washi tape, Blick sale flyer and a little plastic bag full of paper leaves cut for my flower power kindness wire flowers.


The flygirls from my Flying Lessons class trade ATC's every month. In the past I've only participated once (purely because I just couldn't balance working full time, doing them and everything else). But, this month the theme was April Showers Bring May Flowers - how cold I pass that up?!


I used watercolors and markers.


Some Forget-Me-Knots below.


A few flowers and a few tangles.


Participate by linking your blog post to my blog post. Each day during May, starting on May 1st, on my blog post I will have a linkytool available so that you can link your specific blog post (not just your blog but the post itself) to my blog post. And, please remember to link back.

Participate by linking to the flickr group - May Flower Challenge- and adding a photo of your flower creation. Make sure you add your photo to the linky below each day that you post.

Don't forget to hop over to Stamping-Ground and visit a few desks this week for WOYWW.


20 comments:

  1. Your flowers look great! #100

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the art work - especially the blue flowers, they are beautiful.
    Have a good week

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great ATCs for trade - the recipients will be thrilled! Linked up again - having a great time exploring how many ways I can depict a flower....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lori,

    I am loving all of your beautiful flowers!! Keep creating! So much fun to see!!

    Have a fabulous day! Kris :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I understand about multi fuctional surfaces! Have a great day and enjoy all those flowers! waving hi from the hills of North Carolina :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty little ATC's. I have a couple of flats of flowers to get planted up this weekend!

    Hugs
    Brenda 110

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your ATC flowers! Maybe I'll be lucky enough to get one of them!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful ATCs Lori! And all sorts of goodness on your desk... xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your work surface is creative, and alive and exciting. Your cards are creative and alive and exciting. Nice!! *smiles* Norma

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your ATC's are fabulous, love the colours.
    Have a great week.
    Von #7

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am tempted to show my work table/desk. Think I should join in???

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Lori...I love your floral ATCs. Thank you for hosting this challenge...it has helped me...sometimes, I need a PUSH!
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your ATCs, especially the forget-me-nots!

    ReplyDelete
  14. lovely creations! and it's great to see a busy desk in action :)
    have a great week!
    no.37

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love your flower ATCs, especially the forget me not ones. I like flowers a lot, not as much as you I'm sure, but I am not keen on getting a bouquet of them. I'd rather just see them growing happily somewhere rather than plucked and plunked on my desk. Nice variety of things on your desk.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I must try to get an ATC done for the WOYWW group....acckkk!! time flies....

    Vee
    23

    ReplyDelete
  17. Nice ATCs, and very on topic for WOYWW! We're doing a grand swap in week 156! Pretty renditions of flowers, love the vibrant colours.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Nice ATC's you have made and Julias swap is fast approaching, must get my act into high gear.

    Eliza #19

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great assortment of flowers, they make cool ATCs. Thanks stopping by my blog.#116

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...