Friday, May 4, 2012

Day 4 May Flower Challenge

Welcome to day 4 of the May Flower Challenge. I'm fascinated with flowers. They are all over my tiny apartment. I photograph them all the time. I draw, paint, doodle them, create them out of paper... I also see them all over the NYC. Each day I will post flowers and I hope that you will join in. The only rules are that your blog post or flickr photo that you link must contain flowers. Click above on the May Flower Challenge Page to learn more. 


It is raining here in NYC and happily it is a beautiful Spring Thunderstorm. It is the first real rain of the season and I am loving it. So, today I thought I would share a little flower sunshine since I probably won't be seeing the sun today. 



I can spend hours taking pictures. And, I can spend what seems like a lifetime to get a shot that I want. The photo above was that shot for me a few weeks ago. I had to find the right flower, the lighting had to be just right (this was taken in early morning light before the sun was overhead), and then my goal was to get the red edge in focus. I believe that I took 50-60 photos of the same flower and this is my favorite (no filters, no textures added). 



In Central Park I have two favorite locations for taking flower pictures: Shakespeare Garden and the Conservatory Garden.



By the way, thank you for all your kind words yesterday about my kindness project and my paper flowers. I guarantee that you will probably see the paper flowers a few more times on the blog and I will definitely take photos of where I leave a few.


Thank you again for playing along. 



Participate by linking your blog post to my blog post. Each day during May, starting on May 1st, on my blog post I will have a linkytool available so that you can link your specific blog post (not just your blog but the post itself) to my blog post. And, please remember to link back.

Participate by linking to the flickr group - May Flower Challenge- and adding a photo of your flower creation. Make sure you add your photo to the linky below each day that you post.

5 comments:

  1. Lori - these pics are amazing! I am seriously just like you -- when I see flowers I have to take pictures. The other night on my walk I didn't bring my camera/phone and I got so close to a dark butterfly drinking from a grape hyacinth and I was so mad I didn't have my camera!

    Happy Friday!

    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what you mean about taking a million pics trying to get the perfect one - been there, done that! And it was totally worth it, the red edge is perfectly focused and I love the composition. Lovely flowers, again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I ALWAYS photograph flowers too, but this month I'm really focusing on them thanks to you. I am even learning their names!

    I cut my blog posts down to three days a week so I haven't had a chance to write about this yet but I WILL!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh what beautiful flowers and such great pictures, spending alot to time taking ends up with great results

    ReplyDelete
  5. Remember Film? I laugh at myself with how many photos I take now versus when I used a film camera. Lately I just use my phone for all my photos. Yikes time to back up!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...