Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Day 8 May Flower Challenge


Welcome to day 8 of the May Flower Challenge.

I'm fascinated with flowers. They are all over my tiny apartment. I photograph them all the time. I draw, paint, doodle them, create them out of paper... I also see them all over the NYC. Each day I will post flowers and I hope that you will join in. The only rules are that your blog post or flickr photo that you link must contain flowers. Click above on the May Flower Challenge Page to learn more.

Today I wanted to share more flowers that I have found in the NYC architecture.

These beautiful flowers resides above the first floor windows on an apartment building on the Southwest corner of Park Avenue and 79th Street. By the way, I adore that owl on the right. (Also, I am in love with the faces of Manhattan - yes, those faces, the ones that you see in the architecture of this beautiful city. Ahhh, another post for another time.)


There is more than one flower in the picture below. When I first took this photo I really only noticed the large flower, but there are many. How many do you see?


This beautiful metal window grate is very large and is located near Madison Square Park. I wonder what color it was when it was first made? These happy little flowers make me smile.


Have you been noticing more flowers around you?

Participate by linking your blog post to my blog post. Each day during May, starting on May 1st, on my blog post I will have a linkytool available so that you can link your specific blog post (not just your blog but the post itself) to my blog post. And, please remember to link back.

Participate by linking to the flickr group - May Flower Challenge- and adding a photo of your flower creation. Make sure you add your photo to the linky below each day that you post.


3 comments:

  1. I'm hoping for a nice boring post tonight! I'm really glad you're doing this, Lori. I love flowers, and love having my attention drawn to them in this way! Sometimes I can be a bit oblivious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Every time you post something from the areas you walk through in New York I am just amazed at the beauty there within the buildings. I'm glad for the reminder--I really need to look for these flowers within my surroundings, the less-than-obvious ones. I'm enjoying your challenge. I skipped out of today, but I have tomorrow's planned and scheduled.

    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  3. My gosh you have the most amazing architecture around you! Thank you so much for noticing, appreciating, and sharing it all with us! xx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...