Monday, May 28, 2012

Day 28 May Flower Challenge & Shared Messages from the Universe


Welcome to day 28 of the May Flower Challenge.

I'm fascinated with flowers. They are all over my tiny apartment. I photograph them all the time. I draw, paint, doodle them, create them out of paper... I also see them all over the NYC. Each day I will post flowers and I hope that you will join in. The only rules are that your blog post or flickr photo that you link must contain flowers. Click above on the May Flower Challenge Page to learn more.  

On Mondays, I usually do a post called Shared Message from the Universe.

It is my belief that messages from the universe speak to me and remind me of something that is inside of me. When I first see them, I often don't even know what is really being advertised. Instead, the message conjures emotions or thoughts relating to something that is going on within me; in my heart, in my mind, in my soul. I see them on billboards, in magazines, store windows, church plaques...everywhere.

I secretly call them soul whispers.

The messages are all around us

------------------------------------------------------------------


I walked past this sign in NYC during lunch one day in April. I absolutely love this. 

Being back in my hometown this week reminded me of seeing this. My hometown has around 5,000 people in it - more people than that live in the 4 block radius of my NYC apartment. 

Everyone in my hometown says hi to one another, we wave hello, say thank you and you're welcome, we offer help to one another...

How does this picture make you feel? 
What does it make you think about?

Today's Flower photos I wanted to share with you the simple Dandelion. 

This is pretty standard photo. 
The Dandelion as a whole is in focus and has a blurry background.

The photo below was taken by focusing on the center of the Dandelion.
This blurred the outer flower of the seed that is closest to me.
It allowed me to sharpen the very center.


The photo below I did the opposite of the photo above. 
I focused the outer flower of the seed.
Thus, I blurred the very center of the Dandelion.


There are so many different ways to see the same thing.

How do you see the world around you?
Do you capture it in photos?

So, today on a day (in the USA) when we honor the memory of those that have fought for our freedom, I would like to suggest that we each pass on a little kindness to a stranger today and show a little character. 

You never know, maybe they served to keep you free. 

Participate by linking your blog post to my blog post. Each day during May, starting on May 1st, on my blog post I will have a linkytool available so that you can link your specific blog post (not just your blog but the post itself) to my blog post. And, please remember to link back.

Participate by linking to the flickr group - May Flower Challenge- and adding a photo of your flower creation. Make sure you add your photo to the linky below each day that you post.





2 comments:

  1. Hi Lori, Sorry I could not link up today. This is a first. Will try again later. Judith, Texas

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a great quote and very true. Haven't had time to blog today, so just linking up with a picture of osteospernums (not sure if that's spelt right!) from Flickr.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...