Sunday, May 13, 2012

Day 13 May Flower Challenge - Happy Mother's Day

 Welcome to day 13 of the May Flower Challenge.

I'm fascinated with flowers. They are all over my tiny apartment. I photograph them all the time. I draw, paint, doodle them, create them out of paper... I also see them all over the NYC. Each day I will post flowers and I hope that you will join in. The only rules are that your blog post or flickr photo that you link must contain flowers. Click above on the May Flower Challenge Page to learn more. 
Happy Mother's Day to all you Mom's out there.

Today, I am sharing a few Tulip pictures in honor of Mother's Day and my Mom. 

My Mom's garden is busting with Tulips in Spring. She has hundreds of them. 


I love how the tulip in the center below
has just a kiss of red on it.


I also love how this single red tulip
snuck into the purple tulip bucket.

It is good to be unique
and set yourself apart from the others once in a while.


So, on this Mother's Day I hope that you are pampering your Mom, phoning your Mom if you are like me and live far away or celebrating her memory. Mom's are special.

Happy Mother's Day!

Participate by linking your blog post to my blog post. Each day during May, starting on May 1st, on my blog post I will have a linkytool available so that you can link your specific blog post (not just your blog but the post itself) to my blog post. And, please remember to link back.

Participate by linking to the flickr group - May Flower Challenge- and adding a photo of your flower creation. Make sure you add your photo to the linky below each day that you post.


6 comments:

  1. How lovely your tulips are, Lori! A beautiful Mother's Day greeting to all the mums out there. We celebrated it seveal weeks ago here in the UK.

    I love your description of yourself in your profile! Made me smile! I have to agree about coffee and chocolate... Essential for life lol!!

    Thanks for your lovely comment on my blog. Like you, it takes me ages to get round the WOYWW posts and these days I never make them all as there are now so many. I'm glad you liked my completed first album page! Have you seen the second one? I uploaded it last night.

    Shoshi

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the one with the red 'kiss' on it. It reminds me of a tulip my family and I spotted the other day at a stop light. There was a bed of flowers next to us by the curb and they were all yellow tulips, except one yellow tulip had a single red petal! It was so cool!
    Have a great Sunday and thanks for the Mother's Day wishes. Fran T XO

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree it is good to be unique and 'a kiss of red' is a very appropriate thing to say on mothers' day. It is good to be unique...brave little red tulip.
    They are gorgeous tulips, lucky you!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for showcasing my favorite flowers, tulips!! Love them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful shots, as always, Lori. I love how you found a few 'special' tulips among the others. Thanks again for this wonderful challenge! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for a very interesting blog. What else may I get that kind of info written in such a perfect approach? I’ve a undertaking that I am simply now operating on, and I have been at the look out for such info. happy mother's day images

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...