Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Day 2: May Flower Challenge

Today I want to share where you can notice flowers in your every day and share my one of my favorite doors in NYC.

My lunch break often means that I escape my office with my camera in hand. I take a walk and explore. I look for shapes or I try to only take photos of a single color. I make it a game, all to take my mind off the spreadsheet work I was doing, the frustration, and the day to day analytical work that I do.

This is a door to a building at 181 Madison Avenue in NYC. This building was once home to the Cheney Silk Company. They commissioned Edgar Brandt, known for his Art Deco ironwork, to create these doors. I think they are beautiful.

I walk past them every week day. I see flowers.
It looks like a beautiful Art Deco zentangle.

I also notice flowers in places where I wouldn't expect to see them - like the window of the church below.

How about this one? I see them everyday. Can you see the flower below?
So, during the month of May, I want to encourage you to slow down, every once in awhile and pause, look and see if you notice more flowers around you.

Thank you for participating in my May Flower Challenge.

Participate by linking your blog post to my blog post. Each day during May, starting on May 1st, on my blog post I will have a linkytool available so that you can link your specific blog post (not just your blog but the post itself) to my blog post.

Participate by linking to the flickr group - May Flower Challenge- and adding a photo of your flower creation. Don't forget to leave a comment and then hop around and visit the other participants to see their flowers for the day.  





9 comments:

  1. That door is incredible! I too pay attention to all thing flower or floral.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dearest Lori... this is FABULOUS!! I noticed the "newness" in your blog right away... How exciting that you'll soon be offering e-courses! Wonderful. And i just caught up on a few blog posts... all such yummi-ness here. :-) I'll be participating in your May flower challenge - keep your eyes peeled. Your photos here are gorgeous. I so love that designed door. Incredible. You GO girl! i'm cheering you on here. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. What amazing architecture all around you! Those doors are especially amazing. It's great to see what you can notice when you're paying attention to everything around you. I'll now be on the lookout for flowers imbedded in things around town.

    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great idea to look out for flowers all around you - it definitely pays to carry a camera!
    Looking forward to joining in with the May Flower Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE those doors and using that floral motif as inspiration will be so much fun....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, these are all gorgeous examples! That door...I'm speechless. You live in such an inspiring city! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow I love the Art Deco doors! Simply amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What gorgeous work on those doors--so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the Zentangle reference! you have an amazing amount of cool material in your photography.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...