Friday, May 11, 2012

Day 11 May Flower Challenge - Inspired by Chives


Welcome to day 11 of the May Flower Challenge.

I'm fascinated with flowers. They are all over my tiny apartment. I photograph them all the time. I draw, paint, doodle them, create them out of paper... I also see them all over the NYC. Each day I will post flowers and I hope that you will join in. The only rules are that your blog post or flickr photo that you link must contain flowers. Click above on the May Flower Challenge Page to learn more.  

I was inspired by chives today. 

The lush green and beautiful purple flower go so well together.  At the Farmer's Market in Union Square in NYC there are farmers that each week have fresh cut herbs. The aroma can wake you up on a cool Spring morning.  It also reminds me of the garden that I used to have and still sometimes miss.


Last night, while I watched television, I took my black micron pen and my colored pencils and created this.


I'll be honest, I'm always a little shy to draw. 
My inner critic still speaks in the back of my head. 


Growing up my brother was the kid that could draw and I was the one who played the piano, wrote poetry, etc. 

Well, I am happy to say that I sent my inner critic to bed and I had a lot of fun creating this lovely chive flower. 


I believe that I can now try to draw other flowers like chrysanthemums. Or, maybe I'll start with something a little simpler like a Forget-me-not.  


Participate by linking your blog post to my blog post. Each day during May, starting on May 1st, on my blog post I will have a linkytool available so that you can link your specific blog post (not just your blog but the post itself) to my blog post. And, please remember to link back.

Participate by linking to the flickr group - May Flower Challenge- and adding a photo of your flower creation. Make sure you add your photo to the linky below each day that you post.

10 comments:

  1. I love your drawing of the chive - it looks so flow-ey and free and cheerful. Have a great weekend!

    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally get the "timid to share the drawing" feeling - seems like everyone out there draws better than me (hush critic!). I think that's why I gravitate toward 'pretend' flowers that are fun to draw but no one can tell me it doesn't look like a rose or mum or whatever. However, I can say unequivocally that your chive looks JUST like a chive and is a charming drawing! Great job! - did you notice that today I shared my photos of flowers from underneath? Fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love your chive flower, you did a wonderful job

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty darn awesome! You should draw more often. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job! So glad you sent your inner critic to bed :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love you drawing of the flower. You did a fantastic job! Stay tuned for flowers from the May ATC swap. I'll be showcasing them for your May Flower Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your flowers are lovely!!!! I love your drawing! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's a beautiful drawing Lori! Sounds like your brother might be like my brother...lovable yet intimidating. You have NOTHING to be timid about!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great post... Funny, growing up my younger brother was the superstar artist so I didn't think that would be my talent as well, huh? Now I'm the artist too... I love all the flowers.. I have flowers all in my house, they make me HAPPY!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...