Monday, May 7, 2012

Day 7 May Flower Challenge & Messages TO the Universe

Welcome to day 7 of the May Flower Challenge.

I'm fascinated with flowers. They are all over my tiny apartment. I photograph them all the time. I draw, paint, doodle them, create them out of paper... I also see them all over the NYC. Each day I will post flowers and I hope that you will join in. The only rules are that your blog post or flickr photo that you link must contain flowers. Click above on the May Flower Challenge Page to learn more.

If you are a regular reader of my blog, you know that on Monday's I typically share a found message from the universe with you. Well, today, I am sharing the messages that I put out into the universe instead.

Inspired by Hopeful World. When you sign-up for their newsletter you get seven free email messages from them. One of the tasks that asked was that I create a list of 5 things that I know are true and then leave them in public places. Do sign-up, it is free, and we all need a little hope in our world. Won't you become a catalyst of change?

I created the little messages on leaves. 
If you missed how I made the flowers you can find the first post here and the second post here.

I then added wire stems and the leaves to my flowers. 
Little messages to the universe 
by the means of Flower Power Kindness.

These 5 pieces of Flower Power Kindness are ready for public placement. 

This is where I placed them. 
Clockwise from upper right (a window grate on 79th Street near Madison Avenue, a railing near Belvedere Castle in Central Park, a park bench near the Great Lawn in Central Park, a pay phone, and in the center in Shakespeare Garden in Central Park.


I also handed 4 directly to people. The first person looked at me like I 3 heads but then smiled so deeply once I told her she could have it and it was free.
The couple whom I gave 'love fully' to made my day - thank you.


These are ready for my desk at work. Where they will live until someone stops by for a little message from the universe or I take one with me as I venture out during my lunch break for a walk and leave them somewhere for someone to find. 

What can you do to spread kindness in the world around you? 
How can you touch the heart of a stranger?

Participate by linking your blog post to my blog post. Each day during May, starting on May 1st, on my blog post I will have a linkytool available so that you can link your specific blog post (not just your blog but the post itself) to my blog post. And, please remember to link back.

Participate by linking to the flickr group - May Flower Challenge- and adding a photo of your flower creation. Make sure you add your photo to the linky below each day that you post.

16 comments:

  1. Lori, this is the sweetest thing ever!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lori - I love this so much - you've made so many people happy and surprised by doing this:)

    Jill

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually watched a few people pause, smile and read them. I didn't see anyone take on but their smiles meant the world to me.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Roberta, thank you! And, thanks for joining in my flower fun this month. I had a great time making them.

      Delete
  4. What a wonderful idea! I love how they turned out and to think you're brightening someone else's day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Carol - a few of my co-workers stopped by my office today just to get a little sunshine today. So fun to see them smile.

      Delete
  5. Oh, Lori, I just looooove what you are doing with your flowers. Blessings to you xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Viv - you are so sweet. Thank you, sincerely, it brings me such joy to see someone else smile.

      Delete
  6. Lori...this is a great idea...a little piece of happiness!
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mary, thank you for joining in this month. So glad that you are having fun sharing flowers. It was such fun to share a little happiness with strangers.

      Delete
  7. i love the idea of putting your art and words in the world, you got me thinking what i can do

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so cool. You are going to make so many people smile. Just like flowers are nature's way of smiling!! Did I get that right?
    xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. What an absolutely fabulous way to spread happiness, surprise, a little smile! Good for you....I'm adding it to my to do list.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love, love, love your May month adventure! Thanks for the continuous smile.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...