Monday, May 14, 2012

Day 14 May Flower Challenge and Shared Messages from the Universe

Welcome to day 14 of the May Flower Challenge.

I'm fascinated with flowers. They are all over my tiny apartment. I photograph them all the time. I draw, paint, doodle them, create them out of paper... I also see them all over the NYC. Each day I will post flowers and I hope that you will join in. The only rules are that your blog post or flickr photo that you link must contain flowers. Click above on the May Flower Challenge Page to learn more. 

On Mondays, I usually do a post called Shared Message from the Universe.

It is my belief that messages from the universe speak to me and remind me of something that is inside of me. When I first see them, I often don't even know what is really being advertised. Instead, the message conjures emotions or thoughts relating to something that is going on within me; in my heart, in my mind, in my soul. I see them on billboards, in magazines, store windows, church plaques...everywhere.

I secretly call them soul whispers.

The messages are all around us

------------------------------------------------------------------



I saw this tag (yes, it is probably a gang tag) numerous times recently during the past couple of months during a few trips to Brooklyn.

I believe that the universe it trying to tell me to listen.

To often in our lives, life just gets in the way. And, on top of every day stuff too many of us get caught up in zombie motions. You know they kind - you get stuck in the routine, you walk through the motions of your commute because you do it every day.  The creepiest to me is when I get to my destination and I can't remember how I got there almost like I don't remember the last few minutes.

So, I am working on being present in my every day. Being aware of my surroundings. Consciously noticing the people, the smells, the colors that surround me.

Last month, I took a day off from my day job and I spent the day with my camera and a notebook. It is where the birth of May Flowers took place. The rhyme April showers bring May flowers kept playing in my head and I came up with the idea of blogging a flower a day in May. But then my inner critic spiked it's head and all the 'what ifs' entered and I pushed the idea aside.

Then later, when I was on the bus on my way home, I saw this out the window:


I literally said out loud, "ok, I'm listening".

Yes, my idea is great,
I will blog a flower a day in May.

So, today I want to encourage you to listen.
Stop moving in zombie motions and pay attention to all that the universe has to say: words, pictures, all that surrounds you.

How has the universe spoken to you lately?

Do you always listen?


Participate by linking your blog post to my blog post. Each day during May, starting on May 1st, on my blog post I will have a linkytool available so that you can link your specific blog post (not just your blog but the post itself) to my blog post. And, please remember to link back.

Participate by linking to the flickr group - May Flower Challenge- and adding a photo of your flower creation. Make sure you add your photo to the linky below each day that you post.

4 comments:

  1. Love your universe message! It helps to be reminded to stay in the moment and be aware of what's around you and what lesson/meaning you can take from random things. Thanks for the floral inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Lori, you receive the most astonishingly poignant messages!!! Thank you so much for sharing them with us! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. “If we could see the miracle of a single flower clearly, our whole life would change.” - Buddha
    Lovely post, Lori!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...